What Am I Doing Now?
October 2017 (in progress)
- We made it through Hurricane Irma and the process of repairing the damage caused to the house. One-third of our roof was ripped off and thrown into the driveway, and the ensuing torrential rainfall weakened our kitchen ceiling which promptly collapsed. This sounds terrible, but it's all relative … we were luckier than thousands of others who fell victim to this storm. Our insurance company was thankfully accomodating and we now have a new roof and refurbished kitchen.
- I'm experimenting with SmarterQueue which in turn has made me get my social media game back on track.
- I also resurrected my dormant Instagram account.
- After a few weeks of inexcusable ennui, I'm going to start writing something every day.
- I've been busy working with clients on their fantastic record releases. It's a good feeling when you're sincerely into the music your clients are releasing. You should do your ears a favor and check out these wonderful albums:
- Reading: Smarter Faster Better: The Transformative Power of Real Productivity; Social Media Promotion For Musicians; The Stoic Creative
- Watching: Kiss Me Deadly; Tokyo Idols; Narcos (Season Three)
- Listening: Orchestre Poly Rythmo de Cotonou - Echos hypnotiques, from the Vaults of Albarika Store (Vol. 2: 1969-1979); Tropical Drums of Deutschland
- Learning: Transition Curves (thinking about how this model applies to the act of releasing music); 'Narcos' as a Capitalist Parable will give new insight into this exceptional season of the series (spoilers, btw);