I am pleased to offer a number of specialized consultation and administrative services for record labels and artists.
Allow me to act as your provisional label or artist manager, negotiator, webmaster, social media guru, (non-accredited) legal consul, or in pretty much any capacity related to the music business. Basically, I am a virtual assistant for the music industry with a unique range of experience and knowledge. Let me take care of the troublesome tasks so you can focus on music making and releases.
The rate for my services is US$40 per hour, or you can have me on retainer for $500 a month. Some more intensive tasks and services may require an increased fee, but I will always discuss this up front.
Here are examples of what I can help with:
- Drafting label contracts (incl. artist, release, and publishing agreements)
- Help in reviewing your contracts before you sign, with recommendations and changes
- Contract negotiation – I can act as your manager for contract negotiation purposes
- Music publishing consul – I will make sure your catalog is in order with regards to the important area of rights management
- Setting up your publishing company and overseeing its contractual concerns
- Optimizing your catalog for sync licensing (TV, film, adverts)
- Site design and implementation (via Squarespace)
- Audit your current site with recommendations and SEO suggestions
- Create strategies for making your web site a go-to destination for fans
- Assist and advise on Google analytics and advertising
- Audit current social media pages and strategies
- Suggest and help implement social media promotion campaigns
- Facebook advertising assistance and optimization
- A&R assistance - advice and recommendations regarding release content and quality
- Advise on release strategies and promotion campaign timelines
- Royalty calculation and management
- Trademark registration (label, artist, or DJ name)
- Profile and discography maintenance (Resident Advisor, Discogs, etc)
- Industry-related research and information gathering
- Pretty much anything else you might need help with … feel free to ask
It will be a pleasure to work with you, and together we can successfully navigate the music business miasma!